ICT Support Engineer
Business Area: Eurovia UK
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
The SharePoint Engineer will work alongside our existing SharePoint resources to help in the development and support of both our SharePoint on premise environment and in Microsoft 365.
As the ICT Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Incident and problem management of SharePoint related issues
• Change management activities (including testing) ranging from small scale amendments and service requests, to larger projects including (but not limited to) the migration and co-location of various disparate SharePoint instances and their migration to Cloud based services
• Proactive monitoring of SharePoint solutions and architecture - proactively address emerging issues
• Management of SharePoint permissions adopting existing strategy as well as helping to define, implement and enforce Access Management protocols
• Development of new SharePoint workflows (on premise or in the Cloud) and integration with external toolsets, including those provided by our global Microsoft 365 tenancy
• Liaison with colleagues internationally for service management purposes and on-going relationship management
• Provision of a restore process for document management purposes
• Giving advice and guidance to existing users in the shaping of their requirements for SharePoint solutions
• Provide subject matter expertise and end user guidance for all SharePoint solutions –create and maintain user guides and associated service knowledge to enhance user experience and reduce service
The successful ICT Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 13, 16 & 19 (at least 2 of these preferred), including architecture and administration as well as development
• Demonstrable experience of SharePoint support and/or development capacity
• Experience of supporting SharePoint online solutions
• Demonstrable experience working in structured, managed ICT service environments
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.