Payroll Administrator (VN1876)
Business Area: HR, Training & Payroll
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Manager, working alongside a team of 4, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the payroll of our salaried and hourly work force, carrying out accurate payroll processing, taking accountability and working to strict deadlines.
As the Payroll Admin you will be required to:
- Update starter and leavers information using our on-line portal
- Coordinate P45’s and tax code adjustments
- Calculate leave payments including holiday, sick, maternity etc
- Various overtime, allowances and other payments
- Production and distribution of payslips
- Reconciliation of AEO, Tax & NI and Trade Unions
- Process Furlough Claims via the payroll and process the claims via HMRC portal
- Administer a variation of pensions, reconcile to the GL and raise payments
The successful Payroll Admin will have:
- A relevant Payroll qualification
- Confident using a variety of IT payroll systems, including Excel
- Previous experience working within a high volume payroll department
- Experience with manual payroll calculations
- Exhibit a "can do" approach, take ownership and have commitment to quality
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.