Bid Manager (VN1875)
Business Area: Bids & Estimating
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Ringway is a market leader in the Highways Term Maintenance Industry, responsible for looking after over 50,000 kms of the UK’s highways network. We take pride in offering a dedicated, flexible approach which supports our clients, underpinned by the recruitment, development and retention of a locally based workforce. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, whether that is making the best of your skills in a role you enjoy, or developing new skills as you progress with our company.
The Group Quality Bids Team is part of the Commercial Team responsible for monitoring tender opportunities and the development of responses to Selection Questionnaires and Invitations for Tender. Support is provided to the business in the collation of best practice, evidence and in the development of Award Submissions.
As the Bid Manager you will be required to:
• Responsible for the development, storyboarding, writing, review, sign off and submission of the quality submission
• Application of the bid processes within the ‘Work Winning’ section of ‘The Way We Work’ (Eurovia’s Integrated Management System)
• Undertake a review of tender documentation and assist the Bid Lead/Director in managing the tender deliverables
• Co-ordination of inputs into the quality submission from across Ringway/Eurovia
• Liaison with, and management of, external resources for graphics, writers and reviewers
• Support Bid Lead/Director in the overall delivery of the bid including development of Win Themes, facilitation of workshops, management of bid programmes
• Ensure that bid proposals conform to the Client requirements, statutory requirements and Group policy and processes
The successful Bid Manager will have:
- Ideally Engineering/Building or possibly Quantity Surveying/ Environmental/ Management degree or qualification.
- Proven team/project management and writing ability – producing high quality and high impact submissions on time and to budget.
- Managing, motivating and gaining commitment from all levels of employees.
- Proven excellent motivational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and able to establish good relationships with individuals, and teams, across the organisation
Awarded Investors in People Silver, a member of the 5% Club and recognised as an Investor in Diversity. Providing opportunity and growth for all our employees is the bedrock of our business, ensuring a safe, happy and productive workforce.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.