Marketing and Communications Officer (VN1172)
Business Area: Marketing & Communications
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will report to the Corporate Affairs & Strategy Manager, ensuring that media and press engagement reflects key business objectives and messages, as set out in the Communications Strategy. This role will require close engagement with representatives from across all of our Divisions to identify and shape key stories and messages accordingly.
As the Marketing and Communications Officer you will be required to:
- Create and deliver engaging and timely content that reflects agreed tone of voice and messages, as consistent with our Communications and Brand Strategies
- Work closely with the Corporate Affairs and Strategy Manager and Digital Marketing Officer to ensure that media campaigns are consistent across channels, capture key messages and reflect the thought leadership aspirations of the business
- Develop and maintain a media campaign calendar to support proactive and timely communications and engagement
- Monitor media coverage of our businesses, and provide timely support and advice for crisis communications
- Manage all external media engagement and messages to mitigate potential reputational threats and maximise opportunities to tell our story, working closely with local Divisions and Client Communications teams, to provide advice and guidance as appropriate
- Develop communications and communications channels to celebrate achievements across all of our businesses and business activities
- Support timely response to all media enquiries and support media training for leaders/spokespeople within the business
- Manage and monitor PR/media campaign results to demonstrate return on value
The successful Marketing and Communications Officer will have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a corporate communications, PR or marketing role within a B2B environment
- Excellent written communications skills, including experience delivering press releases, briefings and statements
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight press deadlines
- The confidence and ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels, across all departments and divisions
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.