Divisional Financial Controller (VN1059)
Business Area: Finance
Vacancy Base: Bedfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
We are currently recruiting a Divisional Financial Controller to be responsible for accurate monitoring and reporting of all financial results for the Division. Working for the Divisional Manager/Area Director and functional reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, supervising all relevant financial and payroll employees.
As the Divisional Financial Controller you will be required to:
• Ensure accuracy of the Profit and Loss Statement and completion of reports, in accordance with set deadlines
• Regularly forecast and review budgets and variances to forecasts
• Be responsible for all day to day financial aspects of the Division, providing information and assistance to Management and Operational staff
• Develop efficient use of financial resources
• Implement and support the Group Management Rules
• Prepare comprehensive reports for monthly Management meetings to deadline
• Attend monthly management meetings
• Ensure all receipts are banked promptly and debtor days closely monitored
• Provide sound accounting advice and support to Senior Management
• Maintain the integrity of the accounting systems and data
• Be responsible for all aspects of the Division’s Balance Sheet
• To carry out any reasonable task, requested by a member of senior management
The successful Divisional Financial Controller will have:
• Accountancy Qualification highly desirable (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
• Previous experience in similar role and/or minimum 5 years in audit practice
• Able to demonstrate the self-confidence, commercial acumen and communication skills required to be credible with Divisional Manager, Directors and senior finance colleagues
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to produce accurate, timely and reliable complete financial information
• Previous supervisory experience
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.