Group HR Manager
Business Area: Operational Management
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
The role is part of the wider People team, incorporating Human Resources, Pay & Benefits and Learning & Development. Reporting to the Group People Director, the Group HR Manager assists in the effective management of Human Resources practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture along with the recruitment and ongoing development of a highly skilled workforce.
As a HR Manager you will be required to:
- Work in partnership with Managers and effectively manage and support Business Partners to deliver a high performing organisation that is capable of delivering the corporate people strategy and business plan
- Establish people measurements that support the accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Manage the development and maintenance of all career sites, people elements of corporate websites, and the employee Intranet.
- Make best use of any HRIS to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organisation.
- Establish and lead recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a highly skilled workforce.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive work relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Coach and train managers in people related skills
- Manage employee communication and feedback through meetings, suggestion programmes, employee satisfaction surveys and newsletters.
- Participate in any process of organisation development or change
- Support the Group People Director in developing a strong positive employer brand and support the business in our approach to attracting and developing a diverse workforce
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of providing professional HR support in a fast paced commercial and multi-site environment, including multi-site/multi-disciplinary projects
- Knowledge and experience in organisational planning, recruitment, systems and innovation in HR methods, organisation development, employee relations, and employee engagement
- Experience in Project management - can scope out, create and manage effectively
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team
- Solid experience in people metrics, analysing data trends and using this to plan for the future
- Ability to consult, engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experienced in supporting Talent/OD solutions that demonstrate business engagement, impacting and evolving culture
- Strong employment law knowledge and ability to interpret that to match the situation
- Knowledge and exposure to development in digitisation and HR systems
- Up to date knowledge on all aspect of Human Resources practice
- Excellent Microsoft skills. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), as well as digitisation
- Member of the CIPD; relevant professional HR or higher education qualification - desirable
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager who is confident to challenge the status quo, make viable alternative proposals and achieve an agreed commercial decision. You will have the ability to work with and to influence key stakeholders and have outstanding interpersonal relationship building and coaching skills.
You will have strong self-awareness, empathy with others and learning agility. You will be open to change and be able to re-conceptualise based on changing circumstances and personally comfortable with a high degree of change or ambiguity.
This is a full-time permanent role, however we will also consider applications from candidates who are looking for flexible working patterns and reduced working hours.
We are Investors in People accredited. We work hard to create an environment for job satisfaction, where our workforce feel that they are instrumental in contributing to the overall success of the business and on a personal level, can access development towards their professional goals and aspirations.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.