Project Manager (VN937)
Business Area: ICT
Vacancy Base: Horsham
County: West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing vital HR, Finance, IT and other key business services in the highways industry is fast paced, fun and fascinating. Our Shared Service functions work collaboratively to provide the essential business infrastructure that supports effective operations out on the network. Based in Horsham, West Sussex, our friendly teams ensure our divisions can access the resources they need to deliver the high standards their clients and the travelling public have come to expect from us.
As the ICT Project Manager you will be an integral part of the team, delivering multiple concurrent ICT projects through the full life cycle.
As the Project Manager you will be required to:
- Lead ICT projects from initiation to closure, within budget, to the quality and time frames agreed
- Ensure that projects are accurately scoped and that scope is managed with appropriate project controls
- Track activities against the project plan, providing regular reporting
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources
- Ensure effective relationships are built and maintained across the business
- Co-ordinate and manage multiple suppliers
- Coordination of system and user testing
The successful Project Manager will have:
- Relevant degree qualification desirable
- Prince 2 or equivalent
- 2-3 years in a similar role
- Confidence in own ability
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to challenge others
The possibilities are surprising! Working in our Shared Services provides a complete view of our business activities and there are bound to be areas that will unexpectedly pique your interest. We believe in bringing in new talent as much as developing our people to grow in their chosen profession or even taking an unexpected turn in a new direction. We will encourage and support your aspirations for a career you truly enjoy, with a company that truly values your contribution.
We have a dedicated recruitment team and politely request that agencies refrain from contacting anyone across our businesses with regards to speculative CV’s or offering to assist with our vacancies, thank you.